Sunday 18 January 2009

After a month without a game, Panthers started the match, in extremely muddy conditions, well and were soon ahead through a Joshua Eyre left footer which almost burst the net!  Danesmore gradually worked themselves back into the game and soon began to dominate midfield.  So much so, that by half time they had turned the game completely on its head and had stormed into a 4-1 lead.  After a few home truth’s at half time, the lads responded well in the early stages of the second half and had soon reduced the deficit to 4-2 when half time substitute, Owen Davies picked up the ball on the half way line, and after beating a couple of players, unleashed an unstopable shot into the top corner. Within 10 minutes of half time, Panthers were right back in the game with Ross Murti showing his class with a deft finish past the Danesmore keeper to make it 4-3.  However, Danesmore soon restored their 2 goal advantage, against the run of play, with keeper James Walters having no chance against the onrushing striker.  Despite a couple of storming runs from the back from Owen Cartridge and some long range shots from Andy Vaughan going close, Panthers were unable to press home their teritorial advantage and were left stunned when Danesmore extended their lead to 6-3 with just over 10 minutes left in the game.  Panthers could easily have folded now and given up but, to their credit, they showed great determination and swiftly made it 6-4 with a cool finish right in the corner, after a mazy run, from George Coldicott.  Panthers had a succession of corners which they were unable to convert and, it was after an amazing goalmouth scramble, that Owen Davies grabbed his second goal of the game to make it 6-5 with just minutes remaining.  By now the kitchen sink was going into the Danemsore penalty box and an equaliser seemed almost inevitable.  Panthers were awarded a throw in deep into the Danesmore half, just level with the edge of the penalty area.  Lewis Ansell, being urged from the line, to launch it into the box, found Owen Davies just on the edge of the penalty area, who struck a right foot volley high over the keeper and into the roof of the net to  make it 6-6!  The Panthers boys went wild with mud slides all over the pitch but there was still time left in the game.  Danesmore took the kick off and immediately Panthers regained possession although despite still having time to go close, were unable to force a winner and the ref’s whistle was greeted with both relief and frustration at the end.  Another few minutes and who knows!!??

Parent’s Man of the Match : Owen Davies

Manager’s Man of the Match : Owen Cartridge 


The draw maintined Panthers unbeaten home record and brought to an end, a run of 7 straight wins which resulted in Panthers winning the Wyrley Team of the Month Award for November and December.  I know the lads are very keen to get back to winning ways on Sunday in what will be a tough game away at Bloxwich Rangers – just need to make sure we keep it tight at the back in the first half this week!

The Reader rip

Bigga Than Ben movie download

Totally Baked: A Pot-U-Mentary hd

1 comment for this article:
  1. avatar
    Keith Hardy (Chairman)

    Great comeback! Well done Panthers!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Search wyrleyjuniors.net

If you cannot find what you are looking for please get in touch via the contact page.

Report Abuse

CEOP helps any child or young person under the age of 18 who is being pressured, forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity of any kind. This can be something that has taken place either online or in 'the real world', or both. The CEOP Safety Centre has clear information and advice on what can be reported to CEOP, the reporting process and what will happen if you do decide to make a report. You can visit the CEOP Safety Centre and make a report directly to CEOP by clicking the Click CEOP button below.