Sunday 1 February 2009 The Guitar hd

After 2 previous postponements due to the weather, Panthers started this 1st Round cup game well and all the play in the first few minutes was in the Pelsall half.  Andy Reynolds went close early on but was denied by a teriffic one handed save from the Pelsall keeper, but Panthers were soon ahead with a neat turn and strike from Joshua Eyre.  However, Pelsall began to create a number of chances on the break and Panthers were thankful to James Walters for making a couple of great saves to keep them ahead.  Despite further pressure, Panthers were unable to add to their lead, until a great through ball from Lewis Ansell was latched on to by Andy Reynolds.  As the ball dropped over his head, he struck an unstopable shot high over the keeper and into the top corner to extend Panther’s lead to 2-0.  The game was being played predominantly in the Pelsall half now and it was no surprise when Panthers extended their lead through an Andy Vaughan free kick , bypassing the wall from just outside the box and finding the bottom corner of the net.  Panthers were dominating the game now and went 4-0 up when Joshua Eyre hit a fantastic left foot strike from all of 30 yards out for his second goal of the game!  This was quickly followed by another 30 yarder, from Owen Davies to make it 5-0.  Lewis Ansell almost added a sixth just before half time but was unlucky to see his left foot effort come back off the base of the post.     Panthers also began the second half brightly and soon increased their lead to 6-0 when Ross Murti stabbed the ball home from a corner.  Panthers continued to press and created a number of chances but were unable to push home their advantage.  Pelsall scored direct from a corner midway through the half, but a great finish from Sam Bateman late on made it 7-1 and, despite a second Pelsall goal right on the full time whistle, Panthers made it safely through to the next round. 

Despite the extrememly cold conditions, the lads battled well and made sure of an easy passage to Round 2 with some great finishing in the first half.  Thanks also to all the parents who braved the cold and supported the boys in what were some very testing conditions.

Parent’s Man of the Match : Andy Reynolds

Manager’s Man of the Match : Andy Vaughan

Every Time We Say Goodbye film

1 comment for this article:
  1. avatar

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Search wyrleyjuniors.net

If you cannot find what you are looking for please get in touch via the contact page.

Report Abuse

CEOP helps any child or young person under the age of 18 who is being pressured, forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity of any kind. This can be something that has taken place either online or in 'the real world', or both. The CEOP Safety Centre has clear information and advice on what can be reported to CEOP, the reporting process and what will happen if you do decide to make a report. You can visit the CEOP Safety Centre and make a report directly to CEOP by clicking the Click CEOP button below.