After a slow start Dragons came back well to earn a draw with Wednesfield United.

From the kick off Dragons seemed to be having an off day as they struggled to see much of the ball and even when they did string some good passes together they kept being caught offside as Wednesfield held the back line rigid. Despite Nathan making some great saves Wednesfield broke the deadlock after ten minutes and continued to force Dragons back with wave after wave of attack. Although Dragons were battling to get into the game they were finding it hard. Their first real chance at goal fell to Cieran W who couldn’t failed to strike the ball cleanly making it easy for Wednesfields keeper to save then it was Liam R next to have a go but once again there was no real power behind the shot and the keeper collected the ball with ease.

Wednesfield came back once again and despite a period of good defending by Dragons they found their way through the defence and score to make it 2 -0. That goal sparked Dragons into life and saw Carl and Ewan start to take control of the midfield more releasing Kieran S from the half way line and he immediately turned and ran with the ball into Wednesfields box. Just as Kieran was about to shoot one of Wednesfields defenders brought him down to concede a penalty. Kieran struck the penalty really well and Wednesfields keeper made what was probably his best save of the match to tip the ball over the bar for a corner.  

Half Time 2 – 0.

After the break Dragons came out fighting as they looked to get on the score sheet and kept pushing Wednesfield back into their own half. Efforts from Cieran W, and Liam R just wouldn’t go in to the net but Dragons first goal of the game came when the ball broke to Tom H just into the oppositions half, Tom carried the ball down the left hand side and passed Wednesfields defence and finished the run with a great shot across the keeper and into the far side of the net.

Wednesfield came back at the Dragons and once again and score a great goal from a free kick after Nathan was adjudged to bring down their forward after going in for a 50/50 ball just outside the edge of the box. Dragons carried on in the fighting spirit that the team have showed in recent weeks and the second goal was scored by Ewan who seized upon a loose ball just inside the penalty box to turn and shoot first time sending the ball into the bottom corner of the net.

The last ten minutes were all Dragons, forcing the play more and more into Wednesfields half. The final goal of the game came from a Kieran S corner who delivered a great ball into the near post leaving Liam R to turn the header into the back of the net.

Full Time 3 – 3.

Parents man of the match – Cieran W

Managers man of the match – Carl

No comments for this entry yet...

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Search wyrleyjuniors.net

If you cannot find what you are looking for please get in touch via the contact page.

Report Abuse

CEOP helps any child or young person under the age of 18 who is being pressured, forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity of any kind. This can be something that has taken place either online or in 'the real world', or both. The CEOP Safety Centre has clear information and advice on what can be reported to CEOP, the reporting process and what will happen if you do decide to make a report. You can visit the CEOP Safety Centre and make a report directly to CEOP by clicking the Click CEOP button below.