Result – Wanderers 4 – FC Premier – 1;

So after a week off the Wanderers hosted FC Premier at Willenhall Academy for the second round of the cup.

Match Report –
Following the frustrating draw in our last game a couple of weeks ago the lads have worked really hard in training and started the game with a fantastic focus and intensity. From the very first minute we pressured and controlled the game, which caught FC Premier by surprise. Within 5 mins we had created a couple of great chances with Josh Lees going very close and shortly after he opened the scoring with a nice finish following some good work down our left from Lewis May and Jack Chard. Within 2 mins of the restart it was 2-0, as Josh collected a poor goal kick and ran through to calmly finish. We were now playing with great confidence and played some of our best football of the season so far. The whole team was on top of their game, solid in defence, controlling in midfield and dangerous upfront. The third goal came mid way through the first half, following good hold up play from Jack we then played quick football down our left and Jack managed to get into the box to finish the move off via a small deflection, 3-0 and we were totally on top. FC Premier couldn’t really get into the game and could only look for a few long balls over the top, which our defence was able to cope with most of the time. One long ball did result in a corner which was then stabbed home to make it 3-1. This was against the run of play, but didn’t really knock us of our stride as we continued where we left off, on the front foot. Calum and Owen were controlling the midfield and were using both Liam and Prab down our wings, and before half-time we could have and should have added to the scoreline with another couple of chances being missed, including a free header at the back post following some great work down our right. 3-1 at half-time. We talked at half-time about the importance of keeping up the pressure and momentum, and the boys didn’t let us down, starting the second half at the same pace and pushing Premier back into their own half for the first 10-15 minutes. It was only a matter of time before we add another and it soon came from Jack, who latched on to a through ball and finished smartly into the bottom corner, 4-1. A few further substitutions saw us reshuffle the team for the final 15 minutes and give Ethan Ball his debut. The final stages of the half saw us create several more chances with Josh/Liam/Lewis and Ethan all having good opportunities to score, but unfortunately we just couldn’t add to the scoreline.

A tremendous all round performance from all the lads today, which made it very hard picking the “Man of the Match”. Some great individual performances, but for his hard work and effort for the whole 70mins, this weeks “MoM” went to the team captain Owen Dale.

Well done to everyone today, we march on to the next round of the cup and keep our unbeaten start to the season going. Bring on Tipton Youth Lions next week!

Joe, Jason and Ronan.

No comments for this entry yet...

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Search wyrleyjuniors.net

If you cannot find what you are looking for please get in touch via the contact page.

Report Abuse

CEOP helps any child or young person under the age of 18 who is being pressured, forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity of any kind. This can be something that has taken place either online or in 'the real world', or both. The CEOP Safety Centre has clear information and advice on what can be reported to CEOP, the reporting process and what will happen if you do decide to make a report. You can visit the CEOP Safety Centre and make a report directly to CEOP by clicking the Click CEOP button below.