After nearly 10 years of identification; lease negotiation; 2 Planning Applications; Wildlife Surveys and raising £1m of funding, we are delighted to advise that work starts on our Long Lane facility on January 17th!
The facility will have 4 changing rooms, 2 referees’ rooms, medical room, kitchen, coaching development and community function room and will be used by the Club’s players, families and local residents and community groups i.e. a village hall type building as it will replace the old community building that club members demolished a few weeks ago.
These are exciting times and we must give thanks to the following individuals and groups: –
– The Football Foundation and Jean Paul Considine in particular
– Staffordshire Football Association and Andy Weston in particular
– our Architects CTD and Andrew Dukesell in particular
– Essington Parish Council and David Clifft in particular
– Corey Ibstock and Staffordshire Environmental Trusts
– Walsall Football Club
– Marston’s Brewery
– all club members and officials who have helped so far – in particular Trevor Smith, Martin Millard, Shaun Ponder, Bill Hickenbottom, Andy Parfitt, Mark Smallman who have raised funds and given up their time in getting to where we are.
We now need to push really hard to raise further funds to meet costs that undoubtedly will be seen.
An idea of what the facility looks like can be seen by clicking on the link below below: –