To all our Level 1 and Level 2 coaches out there, we have been offered a FREE FA Youth Award – Module 1, by Staffs FA.
Details of the course are as follows.
Please let Keith know on 07836202764 if you’d like to go on this course – first come, first served.
The FA Youth Award – Module 1
‘Developing the Environment’
The new innovative FA Youth Award is as much about the HOW of working with young player as the WHAT.
It is the first course that looks at the child and where they are developmentally (in the four corners of: physical, psychological, technical and social aspects) and then packages football through a number of exciting new activities in such a way that it fits the child, and not the other way round.
This marks a progressive change in coaching philosophy, creating a truly player centered approach to the coaching and development of our young players.
Module 1 is a 32-hour (four-day) non-assessed course, and the course is relevant to all coaches who work with young players.
The course will be a mixture of theory and practical sessions covering:
• Managing players’ motivation and self esteem in positive and appropriate ways.
• Recognising how players learn.
• Managing players mistakes and encouraging a ‘can do’ approach from players.
• Game-related exercises that support players to develop their technique and apply skill in environments where they can make decisions.
Please Note: The minimum requirement to attend this course is the FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football and be a member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club.
Dates: Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th March 2014
Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th April 2014
(All dates must be attended!)
Times: 9.00am till 5.00pm
Venue: Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy, Beaconsfield Drive,
Blurton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 3JD
Cost: FREE (Usual Cost: £120)
* This course is being sponsored by the FA’s Community Partner McDonald’s to support FA Charter Standard Clubs.